Spade Left Handed Deep Purple Gen 4 Single String Locks
- Featuring our new Neck and Head with Single String Locks & Floating Saddle Monorail Tuning System
- We now also offer custom padded gig bags.
The new Spade Gen 4 Lefty, it was demanded by the left handlers and we listened. designed to embolden the modern guitarist and inspire creativity. The pickup arrangement is our Bootlegger 98’s matched humbuckers.
The new lefty Spade is a full 25.5 scale 24 fret set neck performance guitar. At 5 pounds It is well suited for the traveling pro or the traveling enthusiast. All highest quality South Korean hardware and uses standard single ball strings. Our new Monorail bridge floating saddle isolates each saddle string so that it vibrates optimally, not allowing unwanted vibration.
Introducing our new Bootlegger single string lock system. This lock along with our floating saddle monorail tuner greatly reduces unwanted string vibrations. Also it is easy to replace one lock if necessary.
We use only the highest quality woods, three-piece maple neck-through construction body, swamp ash body wings, and beautiful high polished Brazilian Rosewood fretboard. (Maple neck on the Matte Spade)
Comes with OHSC hard case ready for the road or overhead plane compartment. The Ace 4 string bass and Spade are designed by Bootlegger Guitar and in the tradition of Bootlegger Guitar USA.
We utilize high-quality hardware and pickups from BHK Industries in South Korea. Our focus is on designing and crafting professional-grade guitars and tube amps.
With satisfied customers worldwide, our instruments have found homes in the hands of musicians across the globe.
Specifications of Spade Left Handed Gen 4 HH Single String Locks
- 5 piece maple neck through body Set neck
- Neck Profile Oval
- Fretboard Material Maple Wood
- Fretboard Radius 13”
- Number of Frets 24 / Full Fret Access Design
- Scale 25.5
- Frets DHP – 24H / 2.7 mm silver nickel
- Nut Material Graphite White / Width Thick 3.4mm / Length 42mm
- Truss Rod Head Adjustment Location
- Inlays, White Pearl Bootlegger Whiskey Diamond
- Side Inlay Dots Black 1.5mm
- Three piece hard Maple body
- Hard Swamp Ash wood body wings.
- 42mm body
- Finish see through Polyurethane
- Neck Through Construction
- Logo Bootlegger Whiskey Tattoo
- Black finish
- Bridge & Tuners Bootlegger Floating Saddle Monorail Tuning System
- Head Bootlegger Single String Lock System
- Control Knobs Volume & Tone
- Knobs Black Aluminum
- Switch Tip Black
- Switch Washer Black
- Jack Plate LP Type Black 4 screw
Electronics & Pickups
Bootlegger 98’s Humbuckers matched set alnico modern wound high gain
- Neck 7.50KΩ
- Bridge 8.40K
- Single Coil 8 ohm
- Controls 3 Way Toggle Switch
- Conductive shielding for hum noise and radio interference reduction
Strings & Set Up
- Strings. 009, .011, .016, .026, .036, .046
- Uses Standard Single Ball Strings
- String Setup 1mm
Other Miscellaneous of Spade Lefty Gen 4 HH
- Size 30” long / 10” wide
- Guitar weight 5.5 pounds
- Guitar Measurements 30 inches long, 10 Inches Wide, 1 1/2 inches Thick
- Case With Guitar Weight 12 Pounds
- Case Dimensions 33 Inches Long, 13 Inches Wide, 4 Inches Thick
- Case Bootlegger Tattoo Hard Shell Case
- Included Accessories Case Key & Related Truss Rod & Tuning Tools
- Width 42mm at zero fret (nut)
- Radius neck 13 inch
- Thick 21mm at zero fret, 23mm at 12th fret
Hello, we are the boutique builder “Bootlegger Guitar” Hermosa Beach, California. Our guitars and tube amps are unique to us and are driven by our passion as musicians.
Please Read Our Reviews.
What People Are Saying About Spade
Hi Chuck, The Spade Clear Honey arrived last night. WOW, what a Sweet Guitar. I compared it to Steinberger. No Comparison. Just has way more depth in every aspect. Thanks for the T-Shirt and keep up the good work. I wish all of you out there a safe and healthy future. Kind regards, Doug P I received my guitar on Friday with no issues. This thing is amazing, it has exceeded my expectations and plays as good as it looks! She is proudly hanging out with her new family and currently getting all the attention. Thanks again! Paul U Beast! No cons whatsoever!!!!!!!!!
I was looking for a good quality travel guitar that would not break the bank and came across a video review of the Bootlegger Spade 2 by a guy named the ‘Tone King’. I typically do a lot of research when looking at buying things, especially for something like a guitar, and knew there was a risk that what I saw on a video review would not translate to something I liked when I sat down to play it but was pleasantly surprised by the Spade 2. In fact, I’d say it’s pretty darn good for a reasonably priced travel guitar. I received it last week and sat on the couch playing a few blues scales and a little ‘Stormy Monday’ was pleased with the ease of playability and the tone I was able to achieve.
Great guitar!! UPS managed to bust off the selector switch, even though it was packed Extremely well. Sent a message to Chuck and he called almost immediately with multiple solutions to get this corrected. Since I’m good with a soldering iron, opted for him just to mail me a new switch. 2-minute fix. Great guitar and Great customer service, can’t beat that 🙂
Who-da-thunk! After playing for 50 years, thought the Spade would be a good guitar to practice on, Yup, but actually, I’ll be using her life. Chuck gives a rather complete description of the pros and cons, but in reality, there are more pluses. Build quality is excellent, from the fretwork to the hardware. It’s really stable and didn’t take long to get used to the feel (gotta stop tryin’ to fine-tune the invisible tuners on the headstock though).
Only needed some minor setup tweaks right out of the box (neck was arrow straight, needed some relief for my style) Even though it has the “dime” pots, the cavity is shielded, the pups are well balanced, and can roar! As primarily a Strat player, love the scale on this, and the ability to get vintage bucker tones without switching guitars. Time will tell if it holds up to my abuse, but so far I’m very impressed. Some say it’s weird or ugly, but so am I. I anticipate a lot of questions when folks hear her.