Introducing The Rye Memphis Green Gloss Burst Electric Guitar
The new Rye Memphis green is a slim, modern style single cutaway electric guitar with both a belly cut and body cut at the neck. The Memphis is a semi hollow body with a functional F hole, string through body bridge construction for sweet resonance.
While other guitar companies put electronics (effects) into guitars, we stay analogue. The new Rye Memphis features our HSH pickup configuration with a coil split for both humbuckers. The coil split separates the humbucker to a dual single coil. Led Zeppelin used coil split humbukers for their unique guitar tone. With the 5 way selector switch you have plenty of tonal options.
We keep our guitar designs simple when it comes to controls. When gigging I hate confusion. With one volume and one tone control (with push pull coil split function) it’s easy to roll off the volume or tone.
The body top of Rye Memphis green is a solid maple flamed hardwood, not a veneer. The body is Paulownia a strong but lightweight hardwood with beautiful grain. The neck and fretboard are hard maple, creating a beautiful contrast with the body’s finish. The satin finish on the neck is very smooth and comfortable.
The Rye Memphis green can twang like a Tele, but it can also get dark and nasty with the coil split off and switched to one of the humbukers. With the 5 way switch in middle position and the coil split on you, get a very thin Brit tone, then crank the gain on your amp and it can go full metal. It looks sweet and innocent but looks can deceive.
From Owner’s End
If you want to practice or play it unplugged it gives you a sweet metal resonance, think Dobro. The sound comes out of the F hole so it can be mic’d and used as a blues acoustic sound. The string through body construction resonates in the guitar body.
Other Specs of Rye Memphis Green Gloss
- Canadian Maple Fingerboard
- Neck – Bolt-on, Medium shallow “C” shape, dual-action truss rod
- Scale – 24.75 and 16″ radius
- Natural Satin with fanned cream pearl dot inlay
- 14-inch radius 43 mm at the nut 52 mm at 12th Fret 56 mm at body
- Nut cream graphite 43mm
- Bolt on neck 4 bolt
- Chrome plate
- Frets Jumbo 2.7 mm width
- Bootlegger Guitar head 3×3 with Grover tuners,
- Bootlegger black with logo
- Angle 12”
- 1 Volume and tone
- 5 way switch
Pickups & Coil Split
- Bootlegger Guitar 98’s high gain humbucker set with matched Korean Bootlegger spec single coil in middle position.
- Conductive shielding
- Coil Split both humbukers push pull tone knob.
- Chrome Grover tuners.
- String through body bridge.
- Aluminum Bell Speed knobs.
- Black cover plates, truss rod cover, and switch tip.
- New inset Bootlegger input jack.
- 9 D’Addario.
- Setup 2.0 12th fret.
Body Finish & Wood
- Top Solid 10mm Flame Maple Burst.
- Body Paulownia hardwood.
- Clear Green / Red / Honey.
- Back gloss matching color.
- Belly Cut.
- Bottom cut at neck joint.
Guitar Size & Weight
- 38 long.
- 12.5 wide at butt.
- 1.75 depth.
- 6.2 pounds.
Hard Case Included
- 41 long.
- 15 wide.
- 3.75 depth.
- Guitar and case 15.8 pounds.
We do not use China hardware. We source pro-level parts from S. Korean and USA companies.