We named for our Gen 1 Hounder after Hound Dog Taylor the 6 fingered bluesman. Hound Dog was an early rocker so we decided this guitar needed to better exemplify that spirit.
We added a third pickup with the SSH setup. This gives you the classic neck single-coil twang, center, and neck higher gain like a Strat and Humbucker on the bridge for the darker rock tone.
Reminiscent of the reverse style (offset) vintage guitars and our design has a smaller body for comfort and playability, but still shares the aggressive look of those classic guitars. With our classic 3×3 head the guitar is uniquely Bootlegger, its, own, one-of-a-kind rocker.
The Hounder features our hot Bootlegger 98 bridge pickups, two matched high-end single-coil, and a 5-way Strat-style switch. You can blend the pickups and find your perfect tone. Pickups are finished with black covers for an aggressive stage-ready look.
The hardware is metal chromed as well as the volume and tone speed knobs. White binding and pickguard complete our boutique custom look.
The see-through sunburst gloss finish shows off the natural wood grain. The burst goes from Black to Cherry Red to clear honey wood grain.
The neck features whiskey diamond abalone inlay and the head features our whiskey-style Bootlegger logo. The body, neck, and head also have a white binding.
Our Bootlegger head design is as much function as it is formed. As a race car builder, driver I understand that any angle or bend can be a point of weakness under stress. We run brake lines and fuel lines with as little bending as possible. The same works with guitar strings the straighter from the tuning post to the nut means less stress on strings and strings hold tuning and resonate better.
Our Bootlegger’s neck is best compared to a PRS JM shape, Fender modern C shape or a Gibson Slim Taper D shape for feel and playability. It is by far the easiest and most recognizable shape for guitar players across the board. It delivers that vintage feels with a modern twist to keep it relevant and functional for guitar players playing any genre of music.
Bootlegger guitars are built with graphite nuts, along with our head and neck design this is the best possible pro setup for your guitar.
We don’t build copies, if you want another typical guitar style go elsewhere, if you desire a true affordable professional boutique guitar then you have found it with Bootlegger Guitar.
Hounder 2 Specs
- Wood Wood Sapele Mahogany Hard Wood>
- Finish Tobacco Sunburst Clear Wood Grain Gloss / Polyurethane
- Binding Top and Back White ABS
- Pickup cover Black
- Pick guard White ABS
- Bolt on Hardwood Maple 3 screws
- Neck Profile C
- Neck plate metal chrome
- Binding single white ABS
- Finish satin natural matte Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Rosewood
- Fingerboard Neck Radius 13”
- Number of Frets 22
- Scale 24.75 (Gibson)
- Width 1st 43mm 12th 53mm Bootlegger standard
- Thick 1st 20mm 12th 22mm Bootlegger standard
- Fret width 2.7mm Silver Nickel
- Inlays Whiskey Diamond white / black pearl
- Side position markers 1.5mm
- Nut Material black Graphite / Width Thick 3.4mm / Length 42mm
- Truss Rod Adjustment Location Head
- Inlays, White Pearl Bootlegger Whiskey Diamond
- Finish Black matte front Polyurethane
- Finish back natural matte Polyurethane
- Binding ABS white
- Logo custom Whiskey Bootlegger Art (borrowed from our favorite whiskey labels)
- Truss Rod Cover Plastic 98 (Proof)
- Finish Metal Chrome
- Tune O Matic Bridge
- Tuners Grover Bridge fixed
- Dual truss rod
- 5 way blade switch
- Volume & Tone metal chrome knobs
- Switch Tip black
- Jack Plate Oval
- Neck Single Coil Pickup BMK
- Middle Single Coil Pickup BMK
- Bridge Humbucker Bootlegger Alnico 98 Conductive shielding for hum noise and radio interference reduction
Strings & Set Up
- Strings 10m D’Addario
- Setup 2mm
- Weight 8 lbs
- Measurements 39 x 13.5 x 1 3/4
- Guitar and case 19 lbs
- Case Dimensions 16 x 41
- Bootlegger OHSC custom fit.
- Included Accessories Case Key & Related Truss Rod & Tuning Tools.