Some Headless History (Ace 5 String Burgundy Red Bass)
Ace 5 String Burgundy Red Bass is the big brother to the original Ace 4 string bass. Since the 80’s creative builders like Steinberger have challenged the standard by producing high-quality guitars without heads. This unconventional, but savvy design places all of the hardware in one location. Having everything in one place eliminates the need for ahead, which is a boon for your open notes and intonation in general.
Without that extra wood and hardware at the end of the neck, the balance of the guitar shifts to the body, alleviating the strain on your strap shoulder. Lighter, full scale, compact and works great as a travel bass. Current headless bass builders such as Strandberg, Teuffel, Mayones, NS, Roehrs, Kiesel, Skervesen, and Carvin make high-quality headless guitars.
Now Bootlegger Guitar is introducing the new ACE 4 and 5 string bass inspired by our Spade six-string guitar. Both these high-quality guitars are built by our factory Muse, South Korea, bringing value and extreme playability enjoyment. The Ace 5 bass is a full 34-inch scale 24 fret set neck through guitar. At 9 pounds It is well suited for the traveling pro or the traveling enthusiast.
We use only the highest quality woods, five-piece maple neck through body, ash body wings, and beautiful high polished Jatoba fretboard. All South Korean hardware uses standard single ball strings. Comes with a high-quality custom hard case ready for the road or overhead plane compartment. The Ace and Spade are designed by Bootlegger Guitar and in the tradition of Bootlegger Guitar. 98 Proof.
Ace 5 String Burgundy Red Bass Specification
- Hardware Black
- Finish Clear Matte Honey with Tattoo Logo Black
Build Specs Measurements
- Scale 34 inch
- 9 Pounds
- Length 39.5”
- Body width 12”
- Radius 350R / 13.7 inches tapered
- Nut 1.76”
- 12th Fret 2.51”
- 24th Fret 2.96”
Width E to B String
- 24th Fret 2.16”
- 24th Fret 2.61”
- Bridge 2.96”
- Nut Width 1.48”
- Thick 1.71”
- 12th Fret 1.10”
- Nut .072”
- String spacing at Monorail Bridge 18.56 mm
Head / Neck
- 5 Piece roasted maple and mahogany stingers
- Head TAE Bootlegger Headless Neck Through Construction Truss Rod Double 620mm Nut 45mm Bone Scale 34”.
- Fingerboard Material Brazilian Jatoba.
- Neck 5 Piece Maple Inlay Diamond Abalone Side Marker Dots 1.5mm White Fret Wire Medium / Medium Frets 24
- Wood Maple & Ash Belly Cut Bridge Monorail TAE Bootlegger Symbol Ace Logo Tattoo Black
- Two Volume Black Aluminum Dome Knob One Tone Black Aluminum Dome Knob
- Pickup middle BB651-4(CERAMIC8)-BOOHEUNG / 4.96KΩ Pickup rear BB651-4(CERAMIC8)-BOOHEUNG S. / 4.96KΩ
- 45 – 130
- Gig Bag Warwick Chest Bow Extender.
Share Your Thoughts About Bootlegger Guitar’s Gen 2 Ace 5 String Burgundy Red Bass By Clicking The Button Below.