Absinthe Matte Honey Gloss
A Taste of the Exotic
The Spade was our first headless design and has continued as a “flagship” with players around the world using it across many genres of music.
I wanted to use the design of the Spade and modify it into a modern, full body guitar. I worked on a few initial ideas only to end up frustrated, as the designs were not up to our standards. My business partner Ken suggested we hire a friend of his (a renowned Japanese designer) to help dial in the designs we had started. With his guidance, the Absinthe (Absinthe Matte Honey) design was finalized and approved!
We wanted to use a U.S. company for the pickups on this model and EMG quickly jumped to the opportunity. We gave EMG the freedom to choose the pickup design with a coil split option. While working with the Absinthe architecture, we developed our new neck with the curved block contour at the string lock. This improvement is now the new neck for both the Spade and Absinthe models. The design gives the player the feel of having a full headstock while in first position and the extra thickness creates more stability, mass, and tone.
The Absinthe Matte Honey is a well-balanced guitar with easy access to all the high frets. True to its name, derived from a wicked psychedelic liquor, it’s a modern, high-end consciousness-expanding guitar.
Our Bootlegger Absinthe Matte Honey gear’s neck is best compared to a PRS JM shape, Fender modern C shape or a Gibson Slim Taper D shape for feel and playability. It is by far the most easy and recognizable shape for guitar players across the board. It delivers that classic feel with a modern twist to keep it relevant and functional for guitar players playing any genre of music.
Beautiful high polished Brazilian Jatoba fingerboard. jatoba is about double rosewood’s janka hardness number, about four times that of maple. Jatoba produces a full sound–rich in low and mids, with clarity in the top end. Our Matte Spade features a Maple fingerboard.
Order yours today and experience the flexibility, tone and true player enjoyment with the Absinthe Matte Honey!
Specs of Absinthe Matte Honey
- 24 fret
- 5 piece Canadian hard maple through neck construction
- Mahogany stingers
- Dual way 2 piece truss rod
- C shape
- Side Inlay dots Black 1.5mm
- Width 42mm at zero fret (nut)
- Thick 21mm at zero fret, 23mm at 12th fret
- Nut Material Graphite White / Width Thick 3.4mm / Length 42mm
- 25.5 scale (Fender)
- Fingerboard Radius 13”
- Radios 350R
- Black Ebony (exclusive Bootlegger)
- Position markers fanned white pearl dots
- Side position marker 1.5mm black
- Number of Frets 24 / full fret easy access design
- Frets DHP – 24H / 2.7 mm silver nickel
- Material 3 piece 37mm Mahogany
- Top 5mm hard Maple
- Black aluminum knobs
- Upgraded metal plate input jack
- Neck-through construction
- Graphite nut
- Head Taesung HL string lock
Electronics in Absinthe Matte Honey
- EMG USA passive pickups HSH
- Neck EMG H4A Alnico
- Middle EMG S4 Ceramic
- Bridge pickup EMG H4 Ceramic
- Coil Split push pull tone pot
- Volume control
- Tone control
- 5 way pickup selector slide switch
- Green matte see through
- Matte natural see through
- Honey gloss see through
- Burgundy matte see through
- Blue Gloss see through
More About Absinthe Matte Honey
- 32 x 13.5 inches
- 6.6 pounds
- Case and guitar 13 pounds
- Absinthe case 35 x 16 x 5
- Bootlegger Absinthe tattoo logo on body
- Case Bootlegger Logo Tattoo Hard Shell Case
- Strings. 009, .011, .016, .026, .036, .046
- Uses Standard Single Ball Strings
- Includes case key and related truss rod tools & tuning tools